Application Pack Contents:
- Job Description
- Person Specification
- Outline of Terms and Conditions
- Application Process
- About Kambe Events
- Equal Opportunities
Kambe Events is looking for a highly motivated, well-organised individual, with good communication skills to play a key role in the administration of the company’s business activities. The ideal candidate would have significant financial management experience, but also be keen to work in a dynamic, flexible and purposeful events environment.
The role is currently based in central London, but there is scope to consider its relocation to either our Bristol or Birmingham offices.
This is an exciting time for Kambe, a period of significant growth and investment. We are looking for an experienced individual who is excited by Kambe’s commitment to “events that make a difference” to join the team. They will bring energy and enthusiasm that helps stimulate continued development of the company.
2. Job Description
The role has considerable company oversight and reports directly to the company’s Finance Director. The candidate will be involved directly in both the day-to-day administration of the company and its strategic development.
- Company Bookkeeping (XERO)
- Accounts Payable & Budget Management
- Payroll & Pension
- Reporting & Cash-flow Management
- Sustainability contribution
|Bookkeeping and XERO Administration||
|Accounts Payable & Budget Management|
|Processing payments and budget management||
|Payroll & Pension|
|HMRC submissions and pension administration||
|Reporting & Cash-flow Management|
|Compiling reports, monitoring cash-flow and analysis||
|Monitoring purchase patterns to ensure strict adherence to the company’s procurement & environmental policies||
3. Person Specification
We are looking for a committed, trustworthy, can-do all rounder to take on this critical role and become a longstanding member of the team. Whilst the role is centered on financial administration, you will be working with a small dynamic team and be encouraged to make positive contribution to the company’s projects and development. This will likely involve first hand on site experience at our events.
The successful CFM candidate will have a financial management and administrative background and would benefit from a desire to apply their skills in a small independent and informal setting, with a drive to make a difference every day.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in bookkeeping and financial management
- An understanding of statutory requirements of company filing
- Previous budget management responsibility
- Experience of digital accounting software packages
- Excellent administrative, organisational and time management skills
- Excellent written, presentation, oral communications
- Experience of working to deadlines in a demanding environment
- Proven ability to manage supplier relationships
- Experience of managing the dissemination of communication and processes to project teams and staff members
- Demonstrable examples of attention to detail in their work
- A high general level IT competency
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Accountancy qualifications
- Working knowledge of the XERO software system
- Experience of e-commerce (esp. WordPress and Woo-Commerce)
- An awareness of the events industry and knowledge of finance, taxation and accounting issues in the sector
- An interest in new payment systems, technological developments and currency models
- Other transferable training and skills (e.g. First Aid, drivers license)
Essential Personal Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent judgment
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to prioritise
- Self motivated
- Willingness to work as part of a team
Desirable Personal Attributes:
- A passion for festivals and the arts/culture
- Keen and active interest in the environment & sustainability
4. Outline of Terms and Conditions
Job title: Company Finance Manager
Salary £22,400 – £25,600 pro rata (depending on experience)
Contract type: Permanent (subject to probation period)
Hours/days: 32 hours / 4 days per week (flexible*)
Location: London (Bristol or Birmingham)
Accountable to: Jon Walsh (Director)
Expectations Office-based, with the exception of attendance of events. Occasional travel, evening or weekend work for meetings and events.
Holidays: Statutory allowance (pro rata)
Start Date: 1st February 2017 (latest)
*The role will average 4 days per week over the year, but it must be expected that there will at times be more days to work during our summer events season and the post season administration period (approx. June – September).
5. Application Process
Expressions of interest and suitability are invited via covering letter of no more than 500 words, alongside a current CV, by 10am on Friday 8th December 2017.
Please submit applications via email only, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be shortlisted and notified by 5:00pm on Friday 8th December. Interviews will be held in London on Thursday 14th December.
Should you be successful, you will be required to begin employment no later than the 1st of February 2018.
6. About Kambe Events
Kambe Events manages a portfolio of events, including its principle event Shambala Festival. We have been operating as Kambe for 12 years, have offices in London, Birmingham and Bristol, but are a relatively small, friendly and independent company.
Kambe is committed to a sustainable future. We believe the events industry has a critical, inspirational role, to play in society. As such, environmental and ethical impacts are key considerations in all decision-making processes within the organisation.
Members of our team will work with clients and colleagues alike, in a professional, friendly, reliable, pragmatic and committed way. Kambe places emphasis on training, continual professional development and regularly re-visiting industry best practise.
Kambe strives to be fair and clear in our dealings with everyone, whether client, contractor or festival-goer. We support accessibility and equality, and are genuine in our pursuit of providing inspirational, safe and good-value experiences for all.
Visit our website for more information: www.kambe-events.co.uk
7. Equal Opportunities
It is the policy of Kambe Events to treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability, or union membership status.
Furthermore, Kambe Events will ensure that no requirement or condition will be imposed without justification, which could disadvantage individuals purely on any of the above grounds.
The policy applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
Kambe Events is committed to the implementation of this policy and to a programme of action to ensure that the policy is, and continues to be, fully effective. All staff are required to comply with the policy and to act in accordance with its objectives so as to remove any barriers to equal opportunity.
Any act of discrimination by employees or any failure to comply with the terms of the policy will result in disciplinary action.